2021 Summer ePacket
Dear Mount Vernon Family,
Mount Vernon turns 50 in the fall and we look forward to reuniting as a community for a year of celebration.
In order to help your family prepare for the first day of school on Tuesday, August 10, please review the resources and necessary action items in ePacket #1.
Summer ePacket #1: Monday, June 7
- Summer Learning Resources by grade level
- Uniform Details
- Key Calendar Dates
- Technology Program
- Athletics Physical Forms
- Preschool Forms
- Extended Play / Playmaker Program
Closer to the end of the summer, on July 26, ePacket #2 will be released. In the meantime, please mark your calendar with the dates for student orientation:
- Friday, August 6: Lower School and Upper School
- Monday, August 9: Preschool and Middle School
Summer ePacket #2: Monday, July 26
- Welcome Video from the Head of each Division
- Orientation Details
- Student and Family Handbook
- Carpool Maps
- Parent Engagement Opportunities
- Mustang Athletic Club / MVArts Alliance
- Athletic Schedule
- Arts Lineup
- Made in MV Spirit Shop Hours
COVID Contact Info
COVID Information Line: 678.515.4891
COVID Information Email: [email protected]
COVID eFax Line: 404.591.1441
Extended Play & Playmaker
Extended Play is Mount Vernon’s elective after-school program providing care for students in Preschool through grade 8 until 6:00 pm. Within the Extended Play program the School’s PlayMaker program offers afternoon enrichment classes for students in Preschool through grade 5. Registration will begin on July 15. Review the PlayMaker course selection catalog for more details.
- The Medication Authorization Form is required for any student that requires medication(s) to be administered by the school nurses during school hours. Please print out the form and bring it and the medication to the school nurse during orientation.
- The Authorization for Self-Administration of Asthma/Anaphylaxis Medicine Form is required for any Grade 5-12 student prescribed an EPI-PEN or INHALER that will carry it during school hours or activities. Please submit the online form to provide permission for your student to carry these medications.
All students in rising grades 5 – 12 who plan to participate in athletics at Mount Vernon School are required to complete and submit the GHSA Pre-Participation Physical and Consent Form prior to athletic participation.
Pre-Participation Physicals are best conducted by your primary care physician; however, you may contact our team physician, Dr. Kroll, if your primary care physician is unable to schedule an appointment in time. Dr. Kroll’s scheduling number is (404) 255-1933. Please note, the MV Sports Medicine Department is unable to conduct a Pre-Participation Physical and will defer you to your primary care physician or our team physician.
Please contact us via email if you have questions.